Wednesday 29 May 2013

It really was a big adventure

It's difficult to remember what exactly was in my mind back in January when I first thought running a 500 mile relay off road across Scotland might be a good idea. I mean really, 500 miles? All that running in the dark, getting no sleep and then getting up and doing it again? For 4 days? Surely that's impossible? And it would have been impossible without the enthusiasm, hard work, energy and sheer belief that we would do it from everyone that took part. I can't imagine a better team for such an immense undertaking. A huge thank you to the whole team, not just for doing it, but for making it so much fun.

I didn't take enough pictures, but here's one I like from the very last leg. We'd been crossing a bog for close to an hour at this point and if you look carefully you'll see that Donald is still smiling. Well, he's not crying anyway.

Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment